City Fresh Market is a neighborhood market and the place to go in Chicago for traditional, difficult-to-find foods from Central and Eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and beyond. Think more than 15,000 specialty food & drink products on the shelf—also including everyday groceries and many artisan-made specialties that we make in-house daily.
Discover City Fresh Market!
- Old World European pastries made-from-scratch at City Fresh with traditional recipes and the best ingredients
- Difficult-to-find European imports
- Burek: traditional street food of the Balkans, made at City Fresh with our house-made phyllo dough. A delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack!
- Wines & Spirits from Europe and beyond
- House-made yogurt
- Slow-roasted pig, goat and lamb (Pecanje)
- Organ meats
- House-made specialty meats: Cevapi, Pljeskavica, Sudjuk and more
- Feast breads (Slavski Kolac)
- Cakes for any occasion (Torta)
- Cookies (Kolaci)
- Vegan specialties
- House-baked from scratch breads and rolls
- Freshly prepared salads
- Specialty cheeses from around Europe and beyond
- Grass-fed beef and antibiotic and hormone free chickens
- Our very own pickled cabbage—perfect for stuffing (Sarma)
- Special orders. You want it? We’ll make it for you or track it down and order it for you.
- Holiday entertaining specials: Slavas, Christmas, Easter, Passover, Ramadan, Thanksgiving and beyond
- Everyday groceries, both conventional and certified organic.
Looking for a specific product?
Tell us! Call today and we’ll help you find what you need.